Thursday, February 1, 2007

January Steering Committee Meeting

We had our second meeting on January 29. We added one more member and one more possible member. We elected a secretary who will take minutes; so we can keep up with what we do from meeting to meeting. Then we elected a vice- chairman of the committee to assist me and in case I can't be there for some reason.

We are still looking for more members, specifically for a lawyer and someone to help with grant writing. Some of the members feel they may know some that will help.

We discussed some possible properties and locations for the center.

The most important thing we did was pray. In addition to praying for progress on the center and for God to provide needed funds and supplies, we also prayed for my health ( I've been pretty sick this month.), and my mom's up coming surgery. I hope you will be in prayer about those things as well.

We decided to have regular meetings on the second Monday of the month; so the next meeting is scheduled on February 12th.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: