Thursday, February 1, 2007


Christmas News Letter- First Steering Committee Meeting... 2006, December

Hello Everyone and a very Merry Christmas!

I hope this finds all of you doing well. I t has been a while since I wrote last; so I wanted to let you know I am still alive and working on getting a Crisis pregnancy center going in Pleasanton.

I had my first scheduled steering committee meeting this month. We will be meeting monthly after this. I’m sad to say only three of the seven people I was expecting turned up.

Of course we spent part of our time in prayer, which is one of the most important reasons for our meeting.

We accomplish a few things. Keith, who is a tax expert and one of two men on our steering committee, is going to review papers for getting our non-profit status in the works. He will also be giving me information on someone who might help us with some grant writing. Someone else is also going to try to get us some more up to date statistics concerning the local counties. We set a target date for opening the center on December 2007.

We will be meeting monthly unless special business brings us together on additional nights. Everyone on the committee also has a full time job and other duties; so I don’t want to over burden them with too many meetings.


Next time you here from me you will probably be getting a blog site you can go to. I am trying to get one set up; so you can go to it to see what we are doing at your own convenience.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all of you!!

In Him,
Collene Myers
Labels: 2006, December

No comments: